Resolve error 'Datastore not found' when using ghettoVCB backup script on VMWare ESXi 5.0

My ghettoVCB backup script was running fine (at least my backups were performed) but that error message 'Datastore not found' stung my eyes every time I ran the backup manually.

In fact, the fix was easy : I had to use the datastore name (a symbolic link) in the path of the backup instead of the GUID of the datastore.
So, I changed my configuration file from :
[...]
VM_BACKUP_VOLUME=/vmfs/volumes/53af15fa-cd616a94-e1a4-9ee2ba7c8e2c/backups
[...]
to :
[...]
VM_BACKUP_VOLUME=/vmfs/volumes/DS1_R5_4_8TB/backups
[...]
 And voilĂ ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolve "Cannot download packages whilst offline" issue in Deja-Dup backup software

ubuntu 20.04 / netplan / change mac address and static ip

wireshark ssh remote connect on linux server